Saturday 15 October 2016

Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheeze Cakes

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” 

   In my opinion, my mom makes the most delicious cheesecake, it's not your traditional style of cheesecake it's a lighter, more fluffy consistency with pineapples mixed in. As I'm writing this I'm thinking I am going to have to come up with a vegan version of her cheesecake because what a shame it would be to never get to eat that recipe ever again.
  This recipe is not light and fluffy but is still absolutely scrumptious. In celebration of fall and pumpkins this was my very first baked cheesecake I've ever created (I've made tons of raw versions). I never follow recipes so it's always a nice surprise when they turn out well on the first try, and these ones did! yay!
I hope you find them as easy to make as I did. 

Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheesecakes

*Makes 12 medium sized cheesecakes
*30 minutes prep time
*30 minutes bake time

Ingredients 

Base 

1/2 pack Oreo Cookies 
1/4 cup coconut oil or vegan butter

Cheesecake filling 

150 grams (about 1 cup) dessert tofu
1 cup cashews soaked for at least 2 hours 
3 tablespoons of sugar 
1 tsp lemon zest 
2 tablespoons of lemon juice 
pinch of salt 
2 tablespoons of flour 
1/4 cup water

Pumpkin Pie Filling 

Store bought pumpkin pie filling, 
1/2 cup milk 
3 tablespoons of flour

Instructions  Base 
Line cup cake tins with liners
blend oreos and butter/oil 
pat base into the bottom of cupcake liners and put into fridge while making the rest of the cheesecake 

Cheesecake Filling 

blend all ingredients into a high speed blender for a few minutes or until everything is smooth. 
Pour cheesecake over the Oreo crust about 3/4 full. Make sure to leave enough room for about a spoonful of pumpkin filling. 
store in fridge while making the pumpkin pie filling. 

Pumpkin Pie Filling 

mix milk and flour into the pumpkin pie filling. 
put a spoonful of filling into the top of each cheesecake. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins

take out of oven and let them cool off 
put them into the fridge to set overnight or for at least a few hours. 

Enjoy 


Follow me on instagram @amandamariegomes


No comments:

Post a Comment