Monday 3 October 2016

Sweet Potato Soup

Delicious Autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns - George Eliot 
oh hello fall! My soul has been aching for your arrival. to me fall signifies a time of  new starts. much like nature you are shedding back layers of your old self. time to do away with the old stories you keep telling yourself and onto becoming who you are meant to be.  

Fall unfortunately can also mean a time of colds and flus. I thankfully am not sick at the moment but when I am my body mostly craves hot soups and tea. this one is perfectly easy and doesn't require many ingredients. Are you starting to get my theme ... easy, vegan and delicious. 


This soup is very simple and with only 7 ingredients. 

1 sweet potato
half onion 
1 clove garlic 
1 cup water (more or less if you like your soap thicker/thinner)
1 tsp salt 
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cinnamon 
rosemary or your favourite herb for topping.


Roast the sweet potato in the oven at 450 degree for about 45 minutes or until it's soft all the way through. 
pan fry the onion and garlic and oil. 

throw onion mixture, sweet potato (without the peel)water, salt, pepper and cinnamon in the blender. 

top with rosemary when you are ready to eat. 



Follow me on instagram @amandamariegomes 

1 comment: