Monday 17 October 2016

Autumn Buddha Bowl

"To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear." - Buddha

Happy Monday All! 
Today I made an awesome vegan Sante fe salad with a peanut lime vinaigrette that I really wanted to share but I was so hungry when I got home from work that I couldn't take the time to take pictures. All good I had extra dressing left over so I will definitely be making it again this week to share with you guys. 
In the mean time enjoy my super delicious Buddha bowl recipe. 
This bowl is not only really yummy, but it's filling and healthy as well. So many nutrients are packed in this meal, making it a good meal for an athlete. You also don't have to follow the exact ingredients, feel free to take away or add whatever you like. This is just what I put in mine. 

Awesome Autumn Buddha Bowl 

serves 1
Takes 30 mins to make 

Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa 
1 beet 
1/4 sweet potato 
1 potato 
quarter medium sized onion 
half avocado 
few lettuce leaves 
dash rosemary (or any other herb you like)

Maple vinegar dressing 
1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar 
1 table spoon oil (I use olive oil)
2 tsp Maple syrup 
1/2 tsp salt 

Instructions :
Boil 2 cups of water 
add the quinoa to the boiling water 
cook on medium-high until water is gone 

While the quinoa is cooking preheat oven to 400 degrees
cut up the beet, onion, potato and sweet potato 
drizzle with oil and cook for 20-35 mins or until soft 
remove from oven 

to make the maple vinegar dressing, mix all ingredients in a blender for a minute. 

to assemble the bowl, put quinoa at the bottom 
add the roasted vegetable mix
add as much lettuce and avocado as you want
pour dressing over buddha bowl 
and finally sprinkle with whatever herbs you want. 

Enjoy 


please comment below on an recipes you would like me to make a vegan version of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment