Friday 14 October 2016

My Week in Pictures #1 +Plus Vegan Gravy

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." - Oprah Winfrey

Happy Friday Everyone :) 
Mid October! crazy how time is flying... This week was Canadian Thanksgiving, so I ate a lot of salty & fatty food. Believe it or not, not all vegan food is healthy. I did balance it out by drinking juice the whole day before so I guess thats ok right! 

This week I  am super proud of myself. I studied Portuguese almost everyday, sat in my splits for 5 mins a day (I'm almost touching the ground again) and blogged at least 3 days. I have a habit of starting things with tons of enthusiasm and motivation and stopping after a couple weeks so instead of going for a couple days at full speed I'm doing a little bit everyday. Consistency is key. 

I spent Thanksgiving Monday with my family. Since I couldn't eat most of what my family was making, I made my own stuffing, gravy and pumpkin cheesescakes. I wanted to share the gravy recipe with you, because it is soooooo easy and yummy. I actually made it again to put on roasted potatoes after thanksgiving! 



Easy Vegan Gravy 

*Makes 1-2 servings 
10 minutes 


2 tbsp flour 
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tsp rosemary 
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp oil or vegan butter

heat oil, and vegetable broth on a medium setting for a couple minutes
turn down to low and add the onion powder, rosemary, and flour.
mix well

*make sure the liquid isn't super hot when adding the flour, otherwise it will clump up.

Enjoy 




Follow me on instagram @amandamariegomes

No comments:

Post a Comment