Tuesday 18 October 2016

Banana Cream Pies

"Eating is not merely a material pleasure. Eating well gives a spectacular joy to life and contributes immensely to goodwill and happy companionship. It is of great importance to the morale." -  Elsa Schiaparelli

Hi Guys. hope you all had a good Tuesday. 

Just wanted to say a quick Happy birthday to my Dad today. That guy is 58 years old, going on 20. :p  I haven't eaten red meat in about 15 years and he is still always offering me hamburgers and pork, as if I'm ever going to start eating it again. 
I wish I had a vegan Birthday cake recipe in honour of his birthday but... all I have are these banana cream pies. 

This recipe is actually one of the first recipes I tried when I became vegan and it really made me realize just how well cashews micmic anything dairy. By now I'm so used to eating cashew based everything that I don't even like the taste of dairy products. Since I've been so obsessed with Nice cream lately I haven't been making these but I'm thinking it might be time to try a baked version... hmmm. I'll let you know how they turn out. 

 Vegan Banana Cream Pies

makes 6 medium sized
5 minutes to make 
1 hour to freeze

Ingredients 

crust 
 1/4 cup walnuts, 
1/4 cup almonds 
10 dates. 

Filling : 
1 banana, 
1 tsp of coconut oil, 
1 cup of banana dessert tofu , 
1/2 cup cashews - soaked for at least an hour 
3 tbsp of maple syrup  
1 tsp of vanilla. 
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp lemon juice 

Instructions :

blend crust ingredients high speed in blender 
fill cupcake liners 1/4 full
blend filling ingredients high speed in blender until mixture is smooth 
pour filling over crust 
freeze for at least 1 hour 
enjoy 


No comments:

Post a Comment