Tuesday 4 October 2016

Pacific Northwest Bars

"You'll never go anywhere if you go about what-iffing like that" -Roald Dahl 

Today is a typical Pacific Northwest rainy day, so I wanted to share my PNW bars with you. I called these PNW bars because of the abundance of raspberries in the summer here. Super thankful my favourite fruit is grown right in my home area.  
    I'm thinking of doing a raw vegan day once a week to see how I feel only eating raw foods... thank goodness I'll still be able to eat these guys. These were one of the first raw vegan desserts I have ever made and turned out so delicious.

Oh also, I wanted to tell you guys I am spending Christmas on a beautiful island in BC called Hornby island, with my husbands family. I can't wait to take tons of pictures and do some baking with my sister-in-laws and mother-in-law who are all amazing in the kitchen!


Pacific North West Bars

*makes about 12 depending on the size of your muffin tins  

Bottom layer - Crust 

cocoa 
dates
almonds

Middle layer 

3/4 cup cashews soaked overnight
1/3 cup maple syrup 
2 tsp vanilla 
1 cup raspberries
1 tbsp non dairy milk (I like cashew milk)

Top Layer - Raspberry Chia Seed Jam 

1/2 cup raspberries 
1/4 cup maple syrup 
1/4 cup chia seeds

blend all the crust ingredients - divide & press them into the bottom of cupcake liners. set aside in fridge while you make the middle layer. 

blend all middle layer ingredients. Pour over the date crust evenly & fill up to the top. 

Freeze for at least 2 hours. 

for Raspberry jam - Blend all ingredients together. pour into container and store in fridge until your ready to serve the bars. 

Once ready to serve take out of fridge - spread the jam over top of the bars and enjoy. 

enjoy. 

Follow me on instagram @amandamariegomes









3 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Those look soo good!!! ๐Ÿ˜‹Can't wait to cook & bake with you this Christmas. ๐Ÿ˜˜๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Hasti!!! .. can't wait until Christmas.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete