Saturday 8 October 2016

First Day Raw

"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication" - Leonardo da Vinci  


I wanted to break up the first round of recipes with an update on how my first raw vegan day went on Wednesday.

Morning -  was great, I made a massive smoothie with beets, cherries and a banana (picture above) once I got to the office my boss had some fresh juice so we did a little swap. I think his had ginger, citrus and pineapple in it. 

Afternoon - I sipped on the smoothie through out the afternoon but then needed something a little more substantial so I made a salad with tomatoes, basil, and avocado. Once I got home I made that delicious black forest banana ice cream from my previous post, and it actually filled me up. 


Evening - because I am eating whole foods all day you need more of them to fill you up, so my first mistake was not being prepared. I realized I probably should have had zucchini noodles to make a raw pad thai, or at the very least more bananas. but I didn't and I wasn't sure what else to make so I caved and ate a bowl of chili which is still very healthy just not raw.

overall I don't think my first raw day was failure, it actually went pretty well and I learnt what I needed for next week. if anyone has any raw vegan recipes that they love please send them my way.

-Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment