Sunday 27 November 2016

Iron Rich Vegan Chilli

"The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment: You create a good future by creating a good present." - Eckhart Tolle

Hello Friends. Can you believe it's almost Christmas? 
My second month of blogging is over and I don't know where November has gone. 

It's getting a lot colder here in Vancouver so naturally I'm gravitating into making more hot food. Chilli has got to be my favourite. All you do is throw a bunch of vegetables, legumes, and spices into  Large pot and let it sit on medium temperature for 45 minutes. It costs under $5 to make a huge pot that lasts at least 3 or 5 meals, and it's Iron rich which Anemic-me loves. 
I usually put whatever is in my fridge in the pot, but when I intend to make it for the week I do have my favourite mixture of vegetables and spices. I learnt this one from my aunt & cousin who sell pampered chef (my all time favourite kitchen tools). Feel free to add whatever other vegetables you want. 


Vegan Chilli 

5 min prep time 
45 minute cook time 

Ingredients 
1 TBSP olive oil 
1 can of Beans mixed 
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 carrot 
1 zucchini 
2 stalks of celery 
1 cup of corn 
1/2 onion 
1 tsp salt 
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp turmeric 

heat 1 TBSP olive oil in large pot on medium heat
drain and rinse one can of mixed beans and add to the pot 
put full can of diced tomatoes into the pot (do not drain)
add cut up vegetables into Pot. I like to shred my carrots and zuchinni but you can also cut them into really small pieces.
add spices to the chilli and give it a good stir. 
let the chilli boil and then turn down to low heat and let it cook for about 45 minutes. 
Once everything is cooked. Enjoy with a bowl of rice, quinoa or on it's own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment