Tuesday 8 November 2016

Beet and Sweet Potato Soup

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -  C. S. Lewis

We woke up to sun and warmth in Vancouver today which was a nice change from the 28 days of rain we received in October. The thing about us Vancouverites, we really do know how to enjoy the sun when it's presented to us. There's just a different mood in the air and everybody is out and smiling at each other. 
After my beet juice this weekend I had a few more beets left from my parents garden and very little groceries so I made this soup with pretty much what was left in my fridge..... and I'm not disappointed with the outcome at all. In fact I may be adding a lot more soups to my recipe archive in the near future. 
I hope you enjoy this one and today as much as I did. 


Beet & Sweet Potato Soup 

45 minutes to make 

Ingredients 
2 medium sized beets
1 medium sized sweet potato 
2 cups vegetable broth 
2 cloves garlic 
half an onion 
2 Tbsp olive oil 

Instructions 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Roast Beets and Sweet potatoes for half an hour or until soft all the way through 
while vegetables are cooking  put 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add in half a sliced onion  
cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. 
let onions and roasted vegetables cool 
put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. add more water if too thick. 
Enjoy 


No comments:

Post a Comment