Monday 7 November 2016

Beet and Ginger Smoothie

“Oh, it's delightful to have ambitions. I'm so glad I have such a lot. And there never seems to be any end to them-- that's the best of it. Just as soon as you attain to one ambition you see another one glittering higher up still. It does make life so interesting.”  - Anne of Green Gables 

Beets are one of my all time favourite vegetables. I love the earthy, sweet flavour of them and bonus they are super nutritious.  My Dad gave me a whole bunch from his garden and since I didn't have a whole lot of time to cook this weekend I've been making jars of smoothies with them. 
I think smoothies are such a good way to add nutrients into your day. It's tasty, super easy to make, and will  give you so much energy. Just remember to add as many vegetables as you can in there.

Ginger Beet Smoothie 


Prep time 10 mins 

Ingredients 
2 medium size Beets Plus I added the Green leaves on the top. 
1 inch piece of Ginger
1 Banana
1/2 cup Raspberries
1/2 cup water

Instructions
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender. 
Enjoy 




No comments:

Post a Comment