Tuesday 31 January 2017

Raw Vegan Tacos

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting" - E E Cummings

Happy Tuesday everyone. Just want to thank everyone for the love on my last post about adopting Nika. It was my top post to date with lots of views...so happy that she's in our lives.  


I apologize for the not so great picture today. When I got home, I was hungry and so excited to try making raw vegan tacos that I took a total of 4 pictures that didn't turn out amazing. But I promise they taste so good!!! 

   The Jicama taco shell wasn't as big as I was hoping so next time I think I'll use lettuce wraps instead, however they did taste good.  For those of you who have never tried a jicama before, it has the texture of a potato, but sweeter and more flavour. 

I would highly recommend these for those who are trying to eat healthy. They still have so much flavour but nothing unnatural or unhealthy in them. 

Raw Tacos
Raw Ground Beef (not actually beef)

1 cup of your favourite nuts - I choose walnuts, almonds and pecans, but feel free to substitute. 

1 tablespoon of avocado oil 
1 tablespoon of taco seasoning 

1 Tomato 

1 Avocado 
1/4 Onion 
1 Pepper (I used a yellow pepper but feel free to use your favourite ones)
1 Jicama 
Vegan Sour Cream - Find recipe here. 

Instructions:
In a food processor mix nuts, avocado oil and taco seasoning until well mixed.
Slice the Jicama into thin slices - this will become the taco shell 
Cut up all the other vegetables and place them on the taco shell, with the "Meat" and vegan sour cream. 
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment