Sunday 15 January 2017

Green Goddess Salad

"Time and health are two precious assets that we don't recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted." - Denis Waitley


Hello Friends. It's been awhile! first I was on Hornby island over Christmas with family and then I was in Las Vegas for work. Meanwhile I was upgrading my website to self hosted, although I'm still not sure if I will be using the website for my fashion label blog (which will include Vegan recipes) or for my personal food blog (this one).  Too many directions!!!

I'll admit I haven't been eating the healthiest lately. Healthy food in Vegas is hard to find!. But now that I am back and hopefully things will slow down for awhile, I'm going to be cooking and posting some really healthy, yet delicious recipes on here. 

This one I made for my friend yesterday and was really just a combination of the green food in my fridge. but the sauce is what gives it some wicked flavour.  It's already one of my favourites.

Green Goddess Salad

Serves : 2
Time : 30 mins 

Ingredients: 
1 Avocado 
2 Broccoli heads 
2 handfuls of Arugula 
10 Brussel Sprouts 
3 TBSP of Walnuts 
2 TSP Butter
1 tsp Maple Syrup 

Dressing : 
1 TBSP Vinegar
1 TBSP Maple Syrup 
1 TBSP Olive oil
1 TBSP Tahini 
pinch of Salt 

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Peel Brussels sprouts so they are individual leaves (as much as you can) and put into oven for about 20 minutes. or until the leaves are starting to brown. 
Put Broccoli into boiling water and cook for 15 mins. 

While the Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are cooking prep the salad dressing and the Plate
First mix all the Dressing ingredients together. 
cut the avocado into pieces and put on the plate
Drizzle the avocado with a couple tsp's of Dressing 
add a couple handfuls of arugula on top of the avocado 
once brussels are done mix them in a bowl with 2 TSP of butter and 1 tsp of maple syrup, make sure to mix them well. 
Put the brussel sprouts leaves on top of the salad 
add the walnuts and broccoli on the salad 
Drizzle with some more dressing.
Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment