Thursday 16 February 2017

Raw Vegan Cinnamon Rolls



These little guys are every where in the vegan community right now, and for a good reason. There is no sugar or gluten in them and they are tasty AF. 
They only reason I'm not making them every single day is because they take hours to make. There's not a lot of labour, but they do need to sit in the oven for about 4 hours. These days I've been able to make them more since I found out my dog has severe separation anxiety and I don't want to leave my house unless I have to (my neighbours hate me).  Usually people make these in a dehydrator but I don't have one yet so I made them on the lowest setting in my oven which is actually quicker than using a dehydrator so I'm winning. 


Raw Vegan Cinnamon Rolls

Makes about 3 medium sized cinnamon rolls 
Takes 4 hours to make (make them when your chilling at home the whole day)

Ingredients: 
2 Bananas
10 dates 
1 tsp Cinnamon 

Instructions :
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. Slice Bananas length wise in 3 slices and put on wax paper (warning if it's not the no stick kind you want to grease so the bananas don't stick 
3. Sprinkle Bananas in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes. 
4. While the Bananas are in the oven make the date paste by blending 10 dates with 1/4 cup water in a high speed blender
5. After an hour and 45 minutes in the oven take out the bananas and spread on the date paste. 
6. roll up the bananas into the size you want them (like a cinnamon roll)
7. Put back into the oven for two and a half hours 
8. Take out, let cool and enjoy 

Tips :
*While baking the bananas wedge a wooden spoon in the oven door to let moisture out, this will bake them faster
*make some banana nice cream to put on top of them and eat them while their hot. 






No comments:

Post a Comment